Friday 3 April 2015

Good Friday paint 9 to go

Up early to paint.Hand still not up to speed so need to go careful but sooooo want to finish the last 10 Dailies before starting the next project. I had decided not too keep going with the Dailies in this form although I was trying  not to jump in and make these decisions before completing the year of Dailies and evaluating the project thoroughly. With having my hand operation suddenly on 24/3/15 and not being able to paint for effectively the last 14 days of the project, things have altered already. Ok , I can finish the last ones but they are not really Daily paintings in the spirit of the rest of the year. It's ok though, things have to change/ move on / morph into something else and that's what these are doing.

As it stands at the moment I am going to continue with these paintings in a different form, perhaps, half hour takes or stills ( working title ) work it through later.....

This was the Daily painting 27/3/15.......still waiting for acceptance as a painting, not sure the tonal contrasts are strong enough and not sure of the cream, maybe it needs a greyer colour. Jury ( ie me ) still out !





With this one above , I managed it in half hour, 25 minutes of putting paint down instinctively but randomly and 5 minutes making a few decisions ! I had wanted to savour these last ones and I wanted to paint some sunset based work . I like those sunsetty colours in my Art lounge because they make the room feel warmer.



I put four up on the black wall. I wanted the last Dailies to be influenced by these.It's strange that I seem to have immediately gone back into doing displays by returning to my screen saver size of 52 cm sq.


Last paint for today. Love the paint. This one looks like a lot of others I have done so leVe until dry then review it. What had I wanted ? A sunset feel, an abstract feel, warm ochres , not much figurative content. Well , to me, that was all there but yet I still wasn't sure. Maybe it's just because I am not confident in paint. Leave until tomorrow to evaluate again.









No comments:

Post a Comment