Tuesday 21 April 2015

Tuesday after Woodend show

I think now I have caught up with the Dailies. I keep alternating between painting over Dailies that I don' t like anymore or thinking that I should leave the whole years paintings as a kind of a visual diary of the Daily painting year. While I decide though I had better not paint over any more.

I looked back at the first week's Dailies from April 2014 .it's very interesting. They seemed raw, textured, not as carefully painted ( or blended ) but I liked them. I thought therefore it would be interesting to use one of the paintings to inspire another one.

This is the one I used as inspiration
This was today very blended one.Mmmmmmm

I had mixed the rose pink, looking at the old Daily painting.it was just Daler Rowney brilliant red and white. It wasn't wholly the right colour though. I love mixing the colours and have lots of pots of mixed colours.

The one above was the old Daily painting, from the first week. I loved the dark red purple colour so mixed a pot to use.....

Lots of pots of mixed colours.


The one below was the last one. I did start off with the purple but it went it's own way.

Because I am trying to change the Dailies into something else, I am bringing back the words and titles of the paintings. If a title hasn't come into my mind by the end of the painting, I sometimes get a big piece of paper and a felt tip , look at the painting and then just write the words down that come into my mind. A title usually comes up then. This was , 'Sky purple.''

Right , ideas today ....... 
Carry on with the Dailies
Stop the Dailies
 Do them different sizes
Paint over the ones I don't like
Get some more boards cut
Do some in oils
Think about an exhibition ....and if I did that then I would probably need differing sizes ......and some framed........Look at framing a couple again...............

No comments:

Post a Comment