Sunday 5 April 2015

Finished 99 of the Evening series

Some days the paintings are harder than others ! It has been hard finishing off the 99 in the Evening series.Mmmmm. I researched contemporary abstracted landscapes ( research on Pinterest on the Sunset board ) and looked back at my own Daily paintings and Sunset sketches. So when I come to the paint , they go their own way.

Still not able to wholly do the Dailies, can't hold the big brushes in my hand . Can't wait for stitches out Tuesday.


On the whole, I massively enjoyed the small sunset paintings, Evening series.they will feed into the Dailies and vica versa so I can't move out of them just yet. Not until the Dailies are finished. Can't therefore look at any other art/ ideas until then, for fear it may send me in a different direction !

What did I like about these last ones ;
The built up textures.
The build up of colours
The complex colour mixes of the wet in wet paint
The dark edges 
The dulled colours
The size
The paint

What didn't I like ..... Can't think of anything.


Do they work ? Absolutely !

Try all of them together.......

































Tried one Daily painting ( 5 left now ) Still trying to keep in sunsets and what came out was clearly not that but much more of a sunrise . Hmmmmm ! Try again. Maybe need to nudge the tones up and down .


No comments:

Post a Comment