Monday 13 April 2015

Monday after finishing a year of Dailies

Omg can't believe a year has gone by since I started the Dailies. Today's paint was to first revisit one of the Dailies to work back into it. I need to watch myself or else I can see me re painting the whole lot.But , in a way I can see a progression, I have more tonal awareness and some Of the DAilies seem a little, ' raw.'

This was the original

This was the re painted one !





This below is a picture of the back of the paintings I have done for the show at weekend. The paintings are on hardboard or thin Mdf, so I need to put a frame on, paint the backs with primer undercoat, put contact details on and string them with cord and mirror plates. All the jobs that are boring !




Back to the painting. Small one on paper so that I can demo to the Art group on Wednesday. Tones and glazing!




Not sure if I am going to carry on with the Dailies or not. Still enjoying them too much. It settled out at me being more happy with the more identifiable, figurative landscapes. The abstracts don't work as well with these paintings. Perhaps it's the size. Try bigger abstracts maybe. But for the moment happy in paint making a few new pieces but looking back and working back into the Dailies that I don't like as much. Try;
Painting gentler ones of the of the paintings that I think feel raw.
Try and remember that these are half hour instants therefore can't be perfect
Try and neutralise some of the colours to produce ( she says) some more sophisticated work
Try and make small ones directly from the Dailies.

I can never re paint the images I make. I never worry about other artists copying my work because I can't reproduce them myself. They go their own way. I often just use images/ photos/ old paintings just to start me off.




What will tomorrow bring ?

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, I see, yes it is a tedious part of the job, but worth it!

    ReplyDelete