Monday 6 April 2015

Reproducing a sunset painting

Right, so someone I gave a painting to for their birthday picked one of the sunset ones that I don't like anymore ( there is an ongoing flipping backwards and forwards between the paintings I like and those I don't ! ) So, I thought that if I painted a few more he might choose another one that actually I do like. With that in mind , I tried ( she says ) to reproduce a sunset painting I do like. This was the one.
What do l like about this one....
The warmth
The scratching out to reveal the under painting
The colours and tones, the pink particularly......
Right, so this morning I put down two coats of a very dark mixed green as an under painting and then roughly re painted the image. This was the result ...... Nothing like the original one ....... I seem to have shifted from paintings with a sunset feel to paintings with a sunrise feel. Research Sunsets/ sunrises.

What do I like about this one......it's gentleness and warmth......perfect for a misty, cold Easter Monday.... 
What could I improve on? ..... Tones are a bit fudged.......it.s all blurred/ out of focus
It reminds me of some of LOriann Signori , research her again, she does a lot of pastels Ughhh to pastels

SUNSETS/ SUNRISES



So researching the colour differences between sunrises and sunsets , there's loads of science out there but , for me, these are the interesting bits of information.
A sunset / sunrise occurs when the top edge of the sun reaches the horizon, hence why dawn appears before the actual sunrise.
The colours in the sunset / sunrise are affected by climate, position and lots of other stuff really. Generally most say that the sunrises are cooler and paler in colour, sunsets being warmer colours and deeper in tone. It's not that simple though , it depends on your eyes too and particles in the sky. Too much science.


Georgeous...... Warm, dreamy, strong landscape. Lovely use of tones. Very feminine ..... Well compared to Richard Whadcock. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment