Saturday 18 April 2015

Happy birthday to me

Had a lovely birthday so far. Painted early and then went to the Woodend studios where I had a few paintings displayed at their Art Fair. Masses of art. Caught up with a few artists and then back to my painting ( well you can do what you out want on your birthday can't you )

They are all coming out with a recognisable ( she says )  figurative element. I am working on doing a display of 8 similar paintings, similar really in colour and tone. I am loving the pastel colours and loving adding grey to dull the colours down.
I am using acrylics as the primer,a couple of layers of dark coloured paint. Then, after painting in pastel colours, I am using etching tools to scrape back into the dark primer layers.




I have used sandpaper to sand the top acrylic layers.



Loving them today but need to stop painting to get ready to go out for my birthday meal .

Birthday cake with a little bit of one of my paintings on it.And the dog with her masses of tennis balls.





The latest group displayed on the Art lounge wall.



The paintings are ...... Gentle......still.......pastel......pastoral......romantic ........lovely ( well today ) 

This was a Daily painting from 4/1/15
This was the reworked version.

So, all the Dailies are published on Pinterest .I am just working out how to publish the reworked ones. I can' t show them as the original date for the moment because , actually , I reworked it today. Mmmmmm. Have to think on that.

I can see that this isn't in the spirit of the half hour Dailies. But, he ho, it's my art. It's Sunday evening now , after a big birthday weekend, so , can't wait to get in the studio tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment