Saturday 25 April 2015

Birthday trip out with Denise

Looking at frames again. I have got so used to seeing the paintings in multiples that it is really hard to see them as individuals. I need to frame a few and display them in frames in order to value them as individuals. My friend took me for lunch and a visit to 3 galleries in and around Stalybridge.

Loved the Hawthorn gallery. It was a pub . Loved the black walls inside. Picked a kind of double frame for one of the Dailies after revisiting the frames I have made and collected over the years.

Revisited frames ....

Above..... A very poorly homemade tray frame. Very few of the Dailies look good in this frame.

Above...... A homemade frame made with thin Mdf covered in cotton.This isn't enough on it's own. Maybe I could have this framed as well.
Above ...... A very old frame that I have never used . It has glass for work done on paper. quite a few paintings look good in this frame, although I don't want the acrylic ones behind glass.

Above....one made at a framers. Some of the paintings look ok in this one.



So, back to thinking about a big exhibition. The body of work I have made since I started the Dailies is ; 

Around 350 Daily paintings ( 52 cm sq )
3 bigger paintings 
Around 50 Distilled landscapes ( 52 x 35 cm )
Around 100 sketches varying sizes.
Around the 500 , 12 cm sq pieces
A few mounted sketches 

How can I make that into a coherent display ?



Well, this is what I am thinking so far........

One wall Dailies displayed in groups of 6 or 8.
One wall individual Dailies each framed differently.
One wall a display of bigger paintings , linked by the 12 cm informers ( by that I mean they inform the Dailies )
One wall of sketch pages , exploring the words that inform the work too.


No comments:

Post a Comment