Sunday 12 April 2015

A full year's Dailies

Because this was the last of the year, I had wanted it to be a special one. Mistake to think that because it puts a pressure on you and although I was in the studio most of yesterday afternoon , I didn't complete it. It went through different incarnations and I have had to leave it this morning. Will see when it's dry. I managed to get the backs of my boards painted though for the display at Woodend mill next week.

First layer

Second layer !




Third layer ! Left it to dry !



Well what I massively need to do in the studio is to tidy up, organise, evaluate, decide what to do next.Looking back at the Dailies, I probably have another year's work correcting last years work. That doesn't seem right. Have a rethink.

I had thought though that I would paint some small pieces directly from the Dailies. Try that.

Finished all the backs of the paintings going on show next week at the Woodend mill.


Below are the paintings from today. Felt bereft that I had no Dailies to do !





2 comments:

  1. These are fabulous and the dailies really are a huge achievement! What do you mean when you say "finished the back" of the paintings for the show?

    Oh, and I lost your blog and have been hunting and hunting for it - so glad to have found you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I have enjoyed the Dailies. I have explained in the blog today how I finish the backs of the paintings.

    ReplyDelete