Sunday 26 April 2015

Sunday after visit to Hawthorn

With everything in mind, I am thinking a little too much when often the questions answer themselves in paint. Which comes first, the idea or the Art? Well it could be either but my point , to me , is .......just go in the studio and paint. I don't need to decide every painting I am going to make before I have made anything.

So, returning to the paint, looking at pink as I often do, pinks are warm, generous, warming, pleasing, often feminine, lovely. Paint !

Above , first paint of the day. Mmmmm quite similar to a few others..... Back in blend world. Try other brushes than the decorators brushes I normally use to go somewhere else in the paint !

Above..... This was the last board I had in the 52 cm sq.  But at least I managed a bit darker tone and a bit less blending. I had prepared the board with three coats of very dark brown acrylic. I had mixed this from veridian and brilliant red.Georgeous. 

Below were the ones where I am trying to break away from doing the Dailies at 52 cm sq. These really are reworked prints. I take off a lot of excess paint with paper and card. Sometimes though they are prints in their own right, sometimes I work back into them. Play rather than plan. Something will come out of it.



Above A4 size, using very liquid acrylics, 21 x 30 cm.


Above 20x20 cm . Very thickly applied white acrylic underneath. 

Above 40x 27 cm


Above  32x 14 cm

When I look at these last 4 , they seem dull and dreary. May rework them when they are dry. I don't like them half as much as the 52 cm size. Try in watercolours tomorrow maybe.

Still tempted to go and continue with the 52 cm sq. BUT I know I can't really maintain the 52 cm sq. If I want to do other things ie, paint a few bigger paintings. Oh dear.

Try and tidy up the studio and my workbench this week to cope with bigger paintings. The whole thing is geared to 52 cm sq Or smaller Dailies..... Mmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment