Saturday 2 May 2015

Paintings after Dailies

Ok. So still unsure about what to do, what to paint, where to go etc. etc.Trying to break the hold of the Dailies ,52 cm sq,today's decision is to continue with a Dailies 15 cm sq.That said, I just managed to paint two 52 cm sq. Loved them but the photos don't quite do it. I only ever use the camera on my ipad because I haven't the patience to organise good photos.But I am aware that you are only as good as your photos. Mmmmmm.

Above 52 cm sq.

Above 52 cm sq.






















All of theses, apart from the first two are the 15 cm sq ones that I have just cut a mount round. Some of them needed the buff coloured paper on them, not the white. Interesting.

I am aiming to follow the model of Hiroshi Matsumoto who does small Daily paintings and posts one each day on his Etsy shop. Something to think about there. If I do small Dailies, or alternate them between small and 52 cm sq.then that will allow me to do other things. I am going to have a try on a big board this afternoon !


Above..... Poor photo of the big Daily...It's about 3 foot by 4 . It went through many incarnations, darks, lights, darks, lights. It a MAY be finished , will return to it tomorrow.

What I liked about it.......neutral, layered, lost landscape feel ( or is that just me because I can still see the landscape painting it was an hour ago ! ) textures....mmmmm.

I didn't like the acrylics on a big scale ..... Go into oils.....acrylics are stiffer and harder to apply in big areas.....my studio is completely set up to paint the 52 cm Dailies, not bigger boards and I can' t fling the paint around as I would in a studio .... mmmmm.

What will tomorrow bring ?



No comments:

Post a Comment