Monday 11 May 2015

Art lounge makeover

It's sooo different not doing the Dailies. My studio days were based much more, of course, on the Act of making a Daily painting. So, it's difficult to change direction , but neccessary because it allows other ideas to come through and space really,which in my case means that I can cope with the building work and reorganising that I have to do in the studio and Art lounge.

This is how the Art lounge wall is now. I have taken out all the storage in the alcoves.These wall are to be re plastered so I can play about trying different displays and not worry about the nail marks in the walls.


Below is the other Art lounge wall. Does it diminish your paintings if you have fairy lights all over the paintings ?



So, because I don't have the Dailies to consider, I have made and primed a bigger board for the weekly painting and have to be patient for that to dry out. I therefore have almost acknowledged that the small ones that I make, that have been really a , '. By product,' of the Dailies, are turning into a body of work in their own right. Interesting ( well to me , anyway.) So this weeks plan is to concentrate on these small ones,   Count them ( or maybe not ) and look at different ways to display them to reflect the increased importance I am giving them.



Above. I have made a few trial frames and actually came accross an old hand bound book of small images of mine.




Above. These were a couple of small images mounted on card with writing on. I never did anything with I these, I am just revisit ing them to see if the idea has any validity. The idea with them was to display them on a ladder, just as a mount or sketch / sketchbook page/ instant ,  take away art to be displayed alongside the Dailies. Try again........













Same one below without the grey/ buff mount.



















So, had a lovely paint . I tried to paint the small ones ( no real name yet ) looking at the big one but it was impossible. These small ones are done to free up, to explore ideas, to be more abstract, to have fun........ The very opposite of what I was trying to do today . Mmmmmmmm


I managed ( and it was very hard ) not to group them together and photograph them 9 at a time.
 Because I have done that for a while, I defo had been see ing them in terms of a collective, not as individuals. That is being addressed as we speak.

Plan this week.....
Make some frames for the small ones
Continue to look at different ways to frame / mount them
Prime the next big board
Move the plan chest
Revisit the storage of the Dailies
1001 other things

No comments:

Post a Comment