Sunday 3 May 2015

First big one finished, I think !

Right, so today I think that I will continue with the a Dailies in different sizes that will allow me to work on bigger ones at the same time. I also think. That I will paint over the Dailies that I don't like now. Even though that's not what I thought this time last week. Oh dear. My reasoning today is that I could almost distill the years Dailies into a good body of work.Mmmmmm.
Above, revisited the big one and just laid a few washes and glazes. Liked it.......today. I have thought that the 52 cm sq. Size doesn't lend itself easily to an abstract composition. They seem better with a figurative element, almost. Whereas the bigger boards definitely seem to lean more naturally to an abstraction......



Above and below, trying new paper for the Art group I run. It feels lovely. It's quite like a linen finish which makes the watercolour bleed horizontally, which looks cool.I was trying kind oF silouhettes using ochres, sienna and Prussian. Mmmmm, figures a little wooden but they do seem to have a little bit of something. Try again.











The four above were a continuation of the one minute figures. Why am I doing these ? Well why not ? My figure painting fingers are rusty !




No comments:

Post a Comment