Tuesday 5 May 2015

Tuesday after the first big one

This time last year, I can remember painting my cherry tree in blossom. It was the start of my Daily painting year ( started on 6/4/15 ) and I was very enthusiastic about the new project. I always like the start of a project when everything is fresh , new and exciting. One year on though I want it to be the start of a new project, just can't quite decide what that is.......Mmmmmm . And I do want to continue with the Dailies, just in a different form ! So, today just had a little paint of the cherry blossom in the garden in preparation for the Art group tomorrow.

Still on the linen textured paper ( well the back of it seems better ) , as always, 15 cm sq. studies.the first one trying to be accurate about it but bored. The second a little freer.



What I think today about the Dailies...
Continue with the Dailies, alternating the sizes between the 52 cm sq and the 15 cm sq.
Work the small ones from the big one and vice versa. Do one 52 cm sq per week and then 6 small 15 cm sq ones informed by that one. 
Try some bigger 33 inches square ones.
Try some  paintings of the children when they were young
Do 100 paintings of , for example, figures, faces, watercolours

Decide

Often this is how it is when you are trying to change projects or try something new, making decisions each day that essentially may not be carried through unless you feel inspired to do so.you go on a role and then everything makes sense ( she says ) I remember at the start of the Dailies, I did try them for lots of days before I committed.




No comments:

Post a Comment