Tuesday 19 May 2015

Weekly painting no 4, 24/5/15.

Found an old canvas to reprint. 33 inches square. I prefer to paint on board or canvas stretched over board. I don't like the bounce of the canvas.........

So this is this weeks weekly painting so far.......not sure what next.......

I wanted it to be abstracted but yet have a feel of a landscape ......tick
I wanted it to have an element of space........tick

I have rusty fingers with big paintings but keep going ..
It's not as easy to paint intuitively on this scale....might need a little bit more of a plan or a visual
image or work from one of my paintings.......keep going


I like it but think ....is it too sketchy? Is there enough detail in it ?

ART PLAN
Work on small dailies from 52 cm dailies, so be more planned.
Make board for next Weekly....
Sign and paint the backs of the weekly.....
Relax....

Next layer .... This is what I do ....fiddle... Only like a lot of artists I know.....



Ok so it's about a lot of things......Spring....my meadows ( not really mine ) ......the atmosphere in the meadows....a memory.... A fleeting memory of something passed. Mmmmmmm.


Actually loved painting on the canvas......I liked the first layer better than the second ......I am only going to take one picture at weekend to avoid seeing the earlier steps that I might like better.......there isn't really any distance or depth in this one ....try again.....









Well, it feels as if it could be finished now , after a lot of visitations. Try another. Need to reorganise the studio space to cope with the bigger paintings......


So it's Thursday morning now and I have painted over the canvas again ......I love how the tooth in the canvas fills up with paint over time and becomes smooth. Well the image has been lost and found and lost again this week. The paintings are not yet working for me at this stage. Try again ......


Well this is it today. I need maybe to limit the time I spend on them ....oh dear......





No comments:

Post a Comment