Sunday 10 May 2015

Second week of the big ones

So, this is number 2 of the big ones. It's this weeks work but I still am craving the 52 cm Daily paintings.I haven't painted on big rectangular boards for years, so was a little nervous. But he ho, what's to be nervous about, if I don't like it, I can paint over it.

So, I made a frame this week on the back of the hardboard ( it measures 4 foot by 2 foot ) they are the size of the boards in B and Q. I had gone for some 52 cm sq. boards cut but the big saw was broken. Anyway got 3 boards to try. I made a frame on the back of the hardboard and gave it 3 coats of brown acrylic as a primer. Love the smell of the paint on the hardboard.

So I have painted this over the last few days. I wantedt I be more abstract ( fail ) and the acrylic paint is sometimes hard to paint on big boards. Need to go into oils but studio still geared up for the 52 cm Dailies in acrylic and it will take a while to change direction.


When you paint a painting you are looking for a sense of, ' rightness,' especially when you are considering whether or not the painting is finished. This one has that rightness TODAY , but maybe I will change my mind tomorrow.

So, the decision on the paintings today is.....do a weekly big one, do 6 small 15 cm Dailies, do 1 52 cm re paint of the last years Dailies that don't cut it any more...........

No comments:

Post a Comment