Sunday 17 May 2015

Display 2 and 3 of the small dailies/ instants

This mornings work continues with looking at ways to mount/frame/ display the small ,' instants.' Or small,'dailies.' I made a mount, just out of thick cartridge paper to try the look of the small pieces in the Ikea frames.

If you look at the photo , you can see that I mark the mount , go round the marked area with biro, just to score the paper making it easier to fold back. Cut the paper and fold it back just securing it with tape. The folded back paper then looks a little like a bevelled edge that you would get with a professionally cut mount. I never cut my own mounts because, although  I can do it, I find it soooo hard.


Below....Although the displaying of small pieces in a very large, oversized mount, is popular. I love 
it. It elevates the importance of a small piece and focuses your eye on the piece itself. I have in the

 past just got the mounts cut then used Ikea frames but I don't like doing that because, always there is a little black spot when you turn over the mounted and framed piece, so you have to I undo it all ! And , I end up doing it for the Art group too.




Below, just trying the idea of making a tray frame , painting it and then hanging it without glass. Need to try it.




Below is the piece made from cut up old paintings. I want to I try and mount the small pieces in a different way, again to elevate the pieces and to try and make them seem more relevant,  less traditional looking........ Try them this week....




ART PLAN 18/5/15
Try making 20 small pieces mounted on card ( I did call them sketchbook pages but they are not that really..... Think of a name too....
Make a board for the next big painting
Make the Small Dailies
Revisit one 52 cm Daily from last year
Paint the boards for the Art group ( we are painting with charcoal and oil on gesso panel, with Spring as a theme..)

Had a lovely studio afternoon continuing with the small Dailies/ Instants. I mounted them on rectangular pieces of card, trying to alter the look of them . I think it's successful ( well today ) one of my Art friends has a problem with square work displayed in rectangular mounts and vica versa but I much prefer the look of these than when the square instants are displayed in a square mount.

These below are just blue tacked on the Art lounge wall. I like them and I like the display ( well today, I do ) Wonder what it would look like with a whole wall covered ? Try it ....... Maybe



No comments:

Post a Comment