Thursday 21 May 2015

Light in paintings

So, have painted over and over the last weekly paint. So much so, the canvas is bagging. Will wait for the paint to dry and then spray the back with water to help tighten it up. Oh dear......

This is weekly painting no 4 , ' patches of light coming through the paint,' acrylic, 33 inches sq.
Lots of reworking, scrubbing, glazing, angsting, dripping.......
I like it .......today.....
I hope that a viewer can see a kind of abstracted landscape, a fleeting moment of a hazy Day in my meadow ( well not mine really ) 

One of the Art group asked us to look at , ' light,' in a painting. It's not really a term I use at all. I think in tones, so I think , ' light, ' is more likely to be used as a word by a viewer . I can remember reading somewhere that Turner was considered a painter of light. Need to research.

This is the Art group from yesterday. We were drawing on gesso with charcoal then using oil pastels melted with liquin. On top of that, if needed, we used chalk pastels ( ugh , I hate them, the chalk pastels that is not the Art group's images )


1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful painting and, yes, it does have a good sense of light. You are very good with tones and that is a way of expressing light.

    The oil pastels and liquin mix sounds intriguing, must try that, the results are excellent! (I am with you on chalk pastels)

    ReplyDelete