Wednesday 19 November 2014

Turner week

So, the Art Group this morning was lovely and it was suggested that we look at Turner's work next week, so that, for me means a week researching and looking at Turners work. Lovely. When I research an artist, for me, it's almost better not to read any of the words written about Turner but to look , look and look again at his images. Wonderful. What do I feel I front of a Turner;

A sense of scale
A sense of epic ness
An absolute knowledge that he was a master with the paint
That his work was about , as much as anything, the paint.
It feels that he got lost in the work
He loved colour, tone, atmosphere.
I am sure to revisit this list.
He feels romantic . . . . . in paint anyway ........
Humble.......

I loved the contemporary take on Turners work by the artist.Olifor Eliason, who uses the colours in a Turner image to create a colour circle.
Well, this was the first Daily painting inspired by Turner. Apologies to him but it needs to be my half hour work doesn't it.
It's almost too dark to take the photograph but have achieved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment