Monday 24 November 2014

A Turner sky

Turner skies are wondrous.But it feels as if he went off on one in the paint, not that he was neccessarily painting a real sky.Tried that with raw sienna, turquoise, cerulean blue and white.Ughhh at this stage.
More Turner info/ anecdotes
Some dispute over whether or not he scumbled and worked quickly or he very carefully orchestrated his brush strokes.It feels to me he did both, he could do either.He did have a mastery over his paint.
He kept one fingernail long to scratch into the paint
He kept a painting cloth in his pocket at all times

So, the second one this morning was a half hour one because I am having to be so disciplined about waiting for the layers to dry.it's killing me ha ha.This was a complete reaction to Turner's way of working.

Although I did't mind it , I might put a few glazes over it in order to warm the composition.
So, finally managed to complete the display for one lounge wall.It was much harder to paint pictures that would look good on the olive wall. In the end, I couldn't paint them with that in mind.i just had to paint them and select them after.I had wanted them to have more of a recognisable figurative content because my husband prefers those and these were for our family lounge wall.

It felt right that the first of the group, on the left hand side opened the display with a tree on the left and then the last on the right closed the display with a group of trees on the right.how anal is that ?

No comments:

Post a Comment