Saturday 22 November 2014

Daily painting 21/11/14

Well this was the finished piece. I glazed the sky again with turquoise and a tiny bit in the water. Generally got lost in the paint , played about a bit, drew in the trees with liquid acrylic burnt umber and mars black. Added more white in impasto in the sky. Ok it does not in any way resemble the sketch, but that 's ok. I feel that Turner did the same there - he didn't neccessarily keep to the sketch. Overall though it does look like one of my paintings, not Turners, which is important to me.

This was the final piece of today 's Daily painting. If I compare the two paintings , I can see that working in glazes and allowing the painting to dry I between coats makes the painting clearer, less muddy. So try it again. Maybe try four together over 4 days, instead of one Daily painting a day.Also try in oils / brown ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment