Tuesday 3 March 2015

Looking at Laurie Steen

Have been in LOndon for a few days so have got a little behind with the a Dailies. Went to see Marlene Dumas at the Tate Modern. Wonderful, humbling, dark, expressive, powerful....could go on....

So, back in the a Dailies with rusty fingers. Looking at artist Laurie Steen. Wonderful , for me , at the moment. She draws and paints trees, landscapes.And uses paint on top of drawing as well as displaying the work in a line...... Well I never.......I had some of her work already on my PInterest but had overlooked it......anyway these are some of my favourites of hers......




Need to research mylar..... Never used it.....her work has more of a realistic figurative element in it than mine...... It's not where I am, nor where I want to be.......but I loved it......
Below I s Daily painting 28/2/15. Acrylic paint scraped over a pencil drawing from my imagination. It's ok.

Below , Daily painting 1/3/15, again on paper but more expressive, cold.

Daily painting 2/3/15.

This was just on paper .... I had wanted to do some just on paper but much prefer a solid surface to work on, paper pasted to board.Try again..........

No comments:

Post a Comment