Tuesday 24 February 2015

Looking at a Helen Booth artist

I decided yesterday to call the series of landscape shaped Daily paintings done from the 7/2/15 , Distilled landscapes, to try and differentiate between the square Dailies and the landscape ones.
The other name I considered was, filtered landscapes.

So, that sent me researching other artist's that paint, what I would call, distilled landscapes ( see my Pinterest board, Distilled landscapes )

Top of the shop were Tania Rutland, Sonia Stanyard, Richard Whadcock and Helen Booth.

So, looking at Helen Booth's work. These are two of my favourites.


So, for me Helen Booth's work is...... Powerful.....strong....breathtaking......still...about tones.....abstract....blending.....atmospheric. She draws and paints in different sizes and has lovely names for series of works eg ..... Sanctuary, essence, sequence series, synopse...


I painted over this one from yesterday. In a way these paintings that I have done today look simple, but they aren't. I am maybe not showing the true layers.
I painted the one below to fit inbetween the two random ones from yesterday


 These are the three together. Gentle, still, pale, muted colours.
 More Distilled landscapes


 Three together.

I felt that I had had a good paint today. We will see if I think that later or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment