Saturday 21 March 2015

Evening series

Evening series.
All through the Daily painting project, I had intended to work on smaller , card sized images for this potential Etsy shop that I talk about intermittently. I needed to do it then , didn't I ?

Thought about a sunset series, but sunset paintings are so old hat really. Only came to the title, ' Evening series, ' as I was writing the blog. Typical !

What did I want from this series ?
Well I wasn't so bothered about them being figurative, just wanted images that evoke the feelings that you get when you see a setting sun..........

It is interesting that I am considering the viewer in these pieces. That's quite unusual for me really.
Daily painting 21/3/15. Used the sprays on the pieces. I think they are fabric sprays !


Daily painting 22/3/15, acrylic on paper. I am really fighting the urge to go and buy more boards but to remain on paper. I only have around 10 more Daily paintings to do before i have completed a 
year.....it seems daft to go and buy more boards when I may not paint that size after 6/4/15...........
Lovely new paints ! And new plastic screw topped jars to mix paints in. Can't wait.
Piles of old 12 cm sq paintings to fe painted over. I never through them away .... Just layer them up


Drawers of old 12 cm sq paintings to be painted over.

First 9 to come out. I may reject some of these tomorrow !
Second set of 9. Shades of a Brian Ryder maybe ? Research .....
Third set of 9. Words that come to mind ....abstract, colour, tones, special.
Will I still think so tomorrow ?










No comments:

Post a Comment