Monday 23 March 2015

Evening series / flower series

As always it's the start of any project that is exiting, so I am loving the idea of the cards for my Etsy shop ( she says ) So , have loved painting the Evening series and have done more series of 9 this morning. Wallowed in paint !
It's interesting yo use the ipad to look at the images in batches of 9. Lots of ice cream colours, lots of mixing, lots of filled up images and by that I mean if I do card sized images I do tend to cover the whole of the pieces of card ..... there is no space left for just space.....
As I have progressed with the numbers I am aware of using the sprays less, no concious decision there though. Lots of round subs this time, maybe so you get a clue that there is a sky here rather than an abstract image.love the colours ....and with colours there are infinite possibilities. At Uni though I did get addicted to certain colours ... Had a period in orange and a period in blue so learned how to manage that addiction. colours do have a big psychological effect on me.

Well the Dalies have just been sidelined. There are a few half done so will return to them, but for the moment , interested in the Evening series and I need to prep flowers for the Art group.

To critique this batch of 9......
I can see I have tried with the space thing ..... Try again.
They are hot compositions, try introducing some coolness.
Try introducing some darker tones..... Look back at the first ones or look at my Dailies.....need to try flowers for the Art group......

Flower from my Mother's Day flowers. Often the dried up ones make a better painting !
Drawing of flower mmmmmmmm

Painting of flower ..... Needs to go in the bin !

First 9 of the flower series.....well it felt like torture ! I am no flower painter .... but yet , I do know that I can get somewhere if I stay with it and go for the burn so to speak . I didn't want a botanical illustration ( good job ) .... I am just trying to make some flower cards.....

 Looked at the daffs. There's not much form in them but he ho , I prefer expression to accuracy. Good job ! See what the Art group does on Wednesday.

Omg Daily paintings suspended, well in fact, all painting suspended . I am having an operation on my finger tomorrow , on my left hand ( I am left handed ) so won't be blogging until weekend at the earliest.



No comments:

Post a Comment