Saturday 7 March 2015

Still in greys .love them, Saturday after London

Saturday. Seems to have been a hectic week, still behind with the Dailies. Do I feel that I am winding down because I am in my last month of the Dailies ? Possibly.

Had a massive tidy up in the studio. I need to be able to find the paint colour I need. It had got out of hand. Had a good paint then. Maybe too much grey, maybe too much blending, he ho. carry on.




 I had done these earlier in the week, but they didn't fit in with the big run of paintings.Liked these on their own though.
 Finished painting these Dailies today. They are lots of layers so aren't half hour paintings. I am enjoying mixing colours. Have some new glass jars that I can mix the paint in. Mmmmm






This below was the display on the Art lounge wall. Almost I am putting extra pressure on myself
because I am doing the display as I go, rather than just doing the painting . I never work like this
normally but I am really enjoying matching ( loosely ) the previous one. I need a long wall to see what they look like together. Will try at Emmaus when the next exhibition down. What do I like about these paintings ;

The scale
The size
The colours ( loved the complex mixes when the paint goes down wet on wet. )
The complete run of them.
The light and shade in the run.
The greys and their complexity.


Keep on....... What to try ?
Darker tones or more contrast
Look to past paintings
Try on paper
Try oils ( got loads of new oils, mixing whites, sansador medium. ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment