Sunday 29 March 2015

Fed up with flower studies , Etsy shop ideas

Ok so I have done 9 more studies this morning but am completely fed up with painting flowers ! I really want to do the Dailies but cannot because of the operation on my hand. Be patient !

One of my ideas was to make a round the 1,000 small, card sized images in different series to prepare for retail. Either an etsy shop or in the gallery shops. Series I thought I would like to do

Landscape
Contemporary landscapes
Abstracted landscapes
Evening series ( 81 on 4/4/15)
Morning series
Flower studies ( 45 )
Graphite landscapes
Reworked prints
Collage
Stitched landscapes
Textile pieces

Thought though I should keep them to the Fine art, painterly feel. Not in Anyway craft.
Lots to go on........


So in this mornings paintings I used various techniques;
Big brush with two different colours on.
Overlaying colours
Using the acrylics as watercolours ( no 29 )
Adding on words
Putting words on separate card and sticking on the image
Using pen to decorate
Pressing off the colour with kitchen roll ( no 33 )
Using an etching tool to scrape lines in ( no 31 )
Washing off the paint ( no 35 )


I did them on shiny card which doesn't allow the paint to soak in. Interesting.

Last lot of flower studies for today ......and maybe for a while ......well fed up......but that all gets turned around in the paint. If I can't do the Dailies tomorrow will have to paint something else .....anything else but flowers......

1 comment: