Sunday 15 March 2015

Mother's Day 2015 still in distilled landscapes

Nowhere else I would rather be on a Mother's Day morning. In my home studio, warm, absolved of all the boring stuff like cleaning etc, with the paint. Love it.

Worked on paper, liberating now I have decided to paste them onto board when they are finished. You know when you have an Artist's block, there's often a reason . Although I had wanted to exhibit just sheets of paper , the paper wrinkles and cockles so needs flattening somehow.

Had a lovely paint, lots of layers though. No way are they half hour paintings. It doesn't matter now though because I am coming to the end of the Daily painting project and moving into another phase.

Kept recording the words that came into my mind when I painted. Felt quite powerful that I could do that.

So, three paintings finished off and lots of partly done ones.









Untidy work space.need to address this.



I included the words in pencil on the front of the painting, otherwise they get lost.


Lots of paintings drying .


So, this is one reason I don't have a studio outside the house ( although I do have a space at Emmaus Mossley ) I like to have access to my work ( paints ) 24/7 , I like to be warm and I like to live with my paintings around, so really we all live in the studio and Art lounge ( back room )


I have worked on these paintings individually so have no idea whether any of them will sit beside others. I think that will be easier to see once I get them pasted to boards.......back to B and Q.

No comments:

Post a Comment