Saturday 28 March 2015

Flower series, Saturday after finger op

So glad to get back into a little painting after an operation on my finger. Still got stitches though for another 10 days so not back to full speed yet ! It's my painting hand too so it has made me draw and paint with my other hand and the results are interesting....

Anyway not yet back up to the Dailies so continuing with series of smaller, card sized images. Daffodils this morning....

These were the daffodil ones from last Monday, I have lost the first one taking out to the Art group.... And it's always the one you like best that you lose, isn't it.


First one Excuse for this one is that the flower head didn't much look like a daffodil before I started !
I liked the duck egg blue but I could try greys too. I liked the pen but try it without too.





Below are the first 9 of the flower series. I have replaced the one I did't like. If I think of these as paintings , they don't pass the test, they are studies.




The second set , mainly done this morning , of course with stitches and a bandaged left hand ( I am left handed .) the last three were done without any drawing and the very last one I did completely with my right hand.
Above is the second batch today. No 20 had a black under painting so scratching into it produced this black, kind of etched line, I like the writing on some of them, shades of botanical illustrations ( but not in the actual images ) , some felt pretty, maybe the last one felt edgier or more contemporary. The iris is opening before my very eyes so I need to put them somewhere cool for tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment