Sunday 8 March 2015

Sunday after London. Bring back the words.

Ok, so I have only about 23 or so days left of the Daily painting project. What do I want to think about ?....... Well, the biggi is to allow or bring back the words that often come when I am painting. I had tried ( and succeeded , in part ) to stop the words coming into my head whilst painting. In the initial stages of the project, they were distracting and I didn't know what to do with them. Also, I want to concentrate on doing some work on paper. I like the idea that some of the work can just be on paper, less expensive if they are ever exhibited in a gallery space, easier to store. How can I achieve that ? Don't buy any more boards until I have achieved it. Just buy paper. Easier said than done , I haven't liked them on paper. He ho , get over it.

So, this morning , I continued to paint on the last board from yesterday, but took the excess paint off on paper - that' s a start.

Idea is to paint and whilst painting, tune into the words that come into my mind. Record them , just because .....


Not many words.....forgot to record them....liked the idea that this one ( above ) was a little more abstract. All the distilled landscapes seem to have a figurative content.



This was the excess paint taken off the painting. I have loads and loads of these in various stages of finished ness. I work back into them, usually or cut them up to make smaller images.



Dog back from walk ! All over paintings !



Lots of layers, lots of works on paper, they are wrinkled so the photos aren't good.



Saturday 14/3/15 this was the finished one. I have been back through these ones this week just really nudging tones up and down.hated the paper though !

X
The words....... Unedited.......got muddled about which painting the words are for....
Pretty ness, rescued, I don't like how the paper cockles,JEan Myers does a Friday night, practice night,be bold, tones, A gentle stroll through paint and hills,I like that you can put down watercolour and pencil on the paper,you have to listen to the painting , but sometimes it lies !The unlimited possibility of paint,the warmth of a summer sun in paint, upside down landscape,one golden ball of a tree,

Wonder if any work together, they were all done separately and without thought of the others. Have a look.

Painted all day, layer after layer, supposed to be preparing for the groups next week. Oops.




No comments:

Post a Comment