Saturday 27 August 2016

Sepia My North

The tone of the Art lounge with the displays of black and white work looks serious. Although I liked them, I wanted to try and lift the mood and tone in the Art lounge, to include something more colourful or lighter in tone. Mmm. Fail then. I decided to try in sepia ink and this weeks Dailies have been in sepia and white acrylic ink ( both daler Rowney . ) I chose to work from images of my family in old photographs.

I have loads of old black and white and sepia photographs and negatives. I don't know who they are or where they were taken. So different to how we are now.

These three photographs are
1. My Mum and me, on holiday somewhere.
2. My Mums Mum, Annie. No idea how old she was in this photo.
3. My Mum as a young teenager.


No 1. 

No. 2. I liked the texture when I put the white ink over the sepia or vice versa.

No 3. Mmmm , same photo, all different images.Mmmm.

No 4. Mmmm

No 5. Mmm prefer when I haven't tried to get to he features.

No 6.

No 7.Mmmm.think it could have potential.

No 8. Used the ink as a wash, like watercolours. But it's harder to control than watercolours...doesn't reset and lift out the same.

No 9.
I have worked so hard on these but not as pleased with them as others. Try again !

No comments:

Post a Comment