Saturday 13 August 2016

Debussy nocturnes/ matins

Had a bad hair week in paint ! Phew ! Set off to paint Chopin's nocturne no 3, didn't like the Nocturne at first so tried the small 15 cm sq. Pieces that I go to in times of wobbly ness. So, it was the same story as before by about 10 plays of the nocturne ( it's only a few minutes long ) I loved the melody although still thought it was fussy and didn't like the dark passage. Loved the small nocturnes though. Have put them up in the Art lounge on a cold grey background. Loved them. Small but perfectly formed Nocturnes.

Nocturnes displayed on cool grey boards in the Art lounge.



I thought I would just take a trip out of Chopin Nocturnes so listened to Debussy, Clair de Lune and Elgar's Chanson de Matin. Thought I would look at a few , ' Matins,' morning paintings. Mmm.
Thought I would try the long thin rectangular shape that cuts across the frame.Mmm
Loved the colours in the sky

Reject this one

Dark and moody

Pretty

It's about the shape.
Have a go tomorrow painting matins to Em and Em ! To try to get them more edgy !

No comments:

Post a Comment