Saturday 20 August 2016

Framing the My North images

It's a small post today .....but it's taken ages. Framing is crucial to any work and generally the better the framing, the better the piece looks overall. That said, I have been very disappointed with the last two I have had framed....very expensive and very high quality frames but I didn't wholly like them ...he ho, have taken the pieces out and reused the frames .....so, I am trying to take some time out of painting to look at frames.....


These are the backs of the 52 cm dailies painted in Johnstone's dove grey. The pieces of art are just blue tacked on the boards to see if they would look good. Love it really. I had wanted these pieces to look like old photographs and had slightly achieved that with the white border around the work. That only showed up with the use of a colour, ie the grey on the backboard. 





This was a long , thin photo frame I picked up at Emmaus. I thought this would look so good and it just doesn't . Will re paint it in the dark grey which I am becoming addicted to.




These frames are made with two sheets of glass so produce a glass border. I love them on the grey but didn't like them on the mushroom colour that the chimney breast was. These frames were £3.99 each from B and M.


I got presents from a friend's daughter. Love them. Don't know what half of them are....but I know I need to find out. 





Tried the pencils on a drawing of a very young Dave ( husband ) Couln't do him justice today ....try again !





Painted backboards in charcoal grey ( current obsession ) thought I would love them.....and I do like them but not as much as I thought I would ....





The one below is frame from Tesco. I could see a line of the really, so it was good to try them....I didn't think I would like them ...he ho. I think this frame was about £6 and they do them in white and black as well.


Back to the ink. love it ! Procrastinating over the drawing !










Framed three of the Mills and hills in rectangular frames. Loved them in the black frames. Like having the square piece in a rectangular frame.




No comments:

Post a Comment