Monday 29 August 2016

Day 1 .Nine a Day.

Getting a bit lost in this series. What to do ?....well,mi can
Review it all...
Do 9 a day for a week...I will be in a different place next week...
Write a plan ( terrifying !  )
Just do more ( most appealing )
Or do all of the above...

For my first image...I spent quite a time on this little one of my Grandma yesterday. I started off with sepia watercolour, then ink, varnish, repeat. But it still didn't , nor doesn't have a sense of, ' rightness, ' about it. Maybe I am trying too hard !


Right.No 1. Inks. Got lost in it and there was art...my sort of process....no thought...intuitive...


No 2. Got lost in it....and then there was art...the more cerebral input was to paint in a sillouette of my Grandma....liked it


No 3. Still On Grandma...played...painted Grandma's shape quickly, then sprayed it and scraped it. It reminds me of the weight of all women before her....Mmm...

No 4. It does remind me of time gone by....but that might be the associations that come with the sepia colour...it's the alchemy of mixing up the different inks, sepia, white ink and sumi. The ink may be taking over.


No 5 .Ran out of white ink. Oh no ! Have to go into white acrylic....

No 6. The white was heavy to work with in comparison to the ink.Wasn't sure of this but don't critique until the end of the week.....


I wanted a paler feel. Too much dark.Mmmm....layers. I layered the sepia ink, then painted in a sillouette with sepia ink....with white acrylic painted round the sillouette then spray with water, then panic and dab off the excess !


No 8 go with imagination and enjoy it...put the paint down and watch for a figure to come out. Looks a little sinister. I miss the white ink.


No 9. Play. Looks like a beach and industry ! ( maybe a series on beaches and industry ! )


How valid is intuitive painting ? Discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment