Sunday 10 July 2016

My Art house

Studio ( front room )
I work from home because I like to be warm. I miss an Art community and I miss using oils ( Dave has asthma so I can't use oils at home ) but overall, I love working at home.....I am reclusive....
Current series of work....

NORTHERN TEXTURES
Different sized pieces layering up and deconstucting old pieces. Initial plans are to do 10 large and 10 small before reviewing it.....



MY NORTH
A series of 100 small pieces, 15 cm. sq. remembering my childhood in the mills and hills of the industrial North, in addition to a wider observation of the North, it's people, it's landscape, it's towns.
Finished the 100 pieces , now exploring how to display them. Love the Northern cabinet, trying some more displays along those lines....










POEM LINES ( DAILY WALKS )
A series of large , contemporary landscapes in acrylics, 33 inches sq. This is my current work and I have completed 15 paintings.


This one side of a poem line and below is the other side.



DISTILLED PAINTINGS
Calm, gentle paintings 52 x 35 cm, displayed in my French room as a wrap around, butted up to one another. Although not specifically about France, they do remind me of the many Summers in the South of France. Special places.









DAILY PAINTINGS
Since April 2014 , I have created a Daily painting. The first year these were mainly contemporary landscape paintings 52 cm. sq. And then in subsequent years I varied the size and subject matter, often 15 cm. sq.









SKETCHES and CARDS
A large selection of sketches, often made into cards. Various subjects....landscapes, abstracts, faces, figures, flowers...I love it all !


No comments:

Post a Comment