Saturday 2 July 2016

Almost there with the hundred My North pieces

Rainy Saturday !
Now painting on the backs of the bigger paintings. I think I need to paint bigger on a daily basis....it's very hard to paint this size once a week and I know how much my painting progresses if I paint the same size daily.Mmmmm. Found the bigger piece really hard....kept changing what it was and I left it to dry a coupe of times. Will live with it today......
Far, far away....
If I am being kind to it....I like....the drips...the scratches...the sky...the size....


This was the re paint of the first one. I kept some elements of the original but like it this way for the 
moment. I would prefer a little more of an abstract quality but can't get it yet. Try again !






This was a very poor photo of the other side of the painting. I painted over that this evening. Loved it....well loved painting it....
If I am being kind, I liked...the space in the painting....the colours....layering the dark navy blue over the dry pink sky....the browns, layered with purples....we will see tomorrow...maybe neither is finished but maybe I will do an A side and a B side painting....you could get it framed then as a double sided painting...it would have to be displayed on an easel though cos you couldn't string it , could you ? Research Charles Conder ( around the turn of the 20th Century ) and back to Alan Rankle whose work does it for me 



This was the re- paint of the reverse side of the first one. Like it......for the moment.....like the idea of a double sided painting with maybe an A side and a B side.....or a double A side would be better because I keep changing my mind on which side I prefer.......

.........
These are this weeks dailies and I am so nearly there with the hundred pieces that I said I would do for , ' My North,' project. Will finish them this week and then select out the ones that I want for


myself and my family. Maybe I need to about twenty more to take account of that...













Like the abstractions....you actually don't see many abstractions under the heading, ' Northern Art.'










Buses definitely too Northern but enjoyed doing them....





Cut down and worked back into older work that was larger than the 15 cm sq. When I started at first I worked on some larger ones that weren't fully resolved, but I made the decision to keep to 15 cm sq because.... They remind me of the photograph size and I felt very strongly that was what I wanted....small...intimate...no big work under this heading...not interested in larger ones...for the moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment