Saturday 23 July 2016

Back to Poem Lines

Procrastinated today....it's a recurring theme with many artists, but not usually me. Because I have been working so small, I had slightly lost confidence in working big (33 inches square,)Interesting ! Because I am a Daily Painter, the issue of confidence doesn't really come up....I know that I will produce something on a Daily basis, even though that might be painted over along the way. Sometimes there is an element of churning out , ' anything,' to ensure that I do produce a painting but that is more than made up for the fact that it is a habit now, something I love and feels very natural. Interesting....well, to me anyway. I know that my painting has massively progressed since I started painting daily.

I have been painting the backs of paintings, putting mirror plates on etc. getting the paintings ready for delivery to Hope gallery, Redbrick Mill, Batley.

This is today's Poem line. Love it NOW! Will see later. It was painted over an old one and I need to edit my Pinterest account to reflect that.....the painting that it was is no longer !

These were the words....
Want some drama
Want some grey
Just put the paint down and something will come
Try different colours
Try navy blue
Landscape definitely coming
Try pink...ugh....cover it up
What is is about the landscape that does it for me ?
Love it
Got lost and forgot to record tha words but there were lots of ugh, ugh !

Sometimes you get there when you swipe your brush accross
Did I get drama ?
Undergrowth
Some turbulence
Love it ...fuss..argh
Too fiddley
STOP
Drips overtaking
Don't mind the brushstrokes




' What is it about the landscape that does it for me ? '



This one I did in the week. Dave in his Davy Crockett period ! We did ink on gesso in the Artgroup , looking at the work of Jinny Greyson and when I mentioned Davy Crockett. They all sang the theme tune of or the programme ( before my time ! )

Going to try and catch up with the dailies tonight.....I have been to trying not to do any more for the , ' My North,' series but maybe should stop fighting it if I am still interested.


Phew...rusty fingers in the , ' My North, ' pieces. Trying for a beach theme today....but as always, the paintings go their own way and although I might well have started out painting my husband on the beach, it's ended up as an older lady cleaning ! I am dyslexic in paint...I cannot remember how I have painted them before, what the process was ...I can get what colours I used but not really how I got the image....I just get lost in it and then it becomes an image....with ease sometimes but with the opposite
also. These are the words that came while I painted....mainly my memories of my childhood times on the beach or on holiday

Burying Dad in the sand
Always ice cream, so,etimes with sand
Always tea....many cups
Once on the beach , you stayed on the beach...ALL DAY...regardless of the weather
Loved the paddling pools
Always swimming caps, even in the paddling pool
Mmmmm

This was my brother on the beach, it was way before I was born....I don't know which beach but he appeared to have his school uniform and cap on ! 

Loved the concrete paddling pools....sitting on the steps with all the other children and Mums

This went it's own way....May need more work....the focus of the painting seems to be the bucket.Mmm


Try again !


No comments:

Post a Comment