Thursday 19 February 2015

Tania Rutland

Love Tania Rutland's work. I can feel shades of her work coming through in mine ( don't tell her though , she might be insulted ! ) Theses are two of my favourites.
Chasing shadows. Oil. 769x 770 mm ( around 30 inches sq. )




Walking the chalk, oil, 236sq. ( around 10 ins sq.)



What I like to do when looking another artist is not to look at the words but just to get a feeling of the work by looking at the images. Ok it's not ideal because most of the art I see these days is on the 
net..... He ho


Tania Rutland's work is ........


Haunting and atmospheric


she uses tones esquisitely,often the works are high key.There's a suggestion of landscape, open to 
interpretation, quite a lot of verticals and some horizontals.she uses a massively limited palate mainly surrounding greys and neutrals and she feels like she gets lost in the work. If I look at hers and at RIchard Whadcock, hers feel more feminine in comparison.



So, below, I am showing you that, for me the way to match up the paintings is to keep the last  painting 

at the side of the work.I don't want to match exactly, like a jigsaw, just enough jot to jar if they are displayed butted up.










Ok, so Daily Painting 17/2/15 looks more like a Victorian watercolour than anything influenced by Tania Rutland.... That's ok though.



So, to try and overcome the priming delay, I have put down one layer of primer and then a few layers of paint instead. Enjoyed that much more, just layer ing the colour. These are no way half hour paintings, they need time to ferment, cook ,distill. So defo been influenced here by Tania Rutland.




Below is Daily painting 19/2/15.I was trying to be abstracted - he ho.Trying to control my creative process is a recipe for disaster..... I have just got to make suggestions !




 This is the Art lounge ( my back room really ) with the  Dailies on.

Hmmmmm, I am supposed to be looking at more of an abstract image , rather than the ones with a little bit of a figurative content. Try again.....


Below is Daily painting 19/2/15. This was one where I layered all kinds of different colours on them to avoid having to prime...loved it ....today
Daly painting 20/2/15 below........ Gonna try and leave these now , what I mean is just try to look at gry abstracts. Can well see some smaller ones of these mounted though .....




No comments:

Post a Comment