Sunday 22 February 2015

Stillness

Ok so following on from looking at Tania Rutland....... I want to try more abstract, still pieces, unrelated to the ones just gone before. More about a distilled, abstracted landscape. I did try this yesterday but the piece still had a figurative element.

Reviewing the landscaped Dailies.
I have done 14 of them now.... They are all up on the Art lounge wall...
Number 1 started as a very literal piece, cold, mabe snowy painting ( 7/2/15 ) They went through their own journey and ended up with the 20/2/15 which was pinkish, had not so much tonal change.
The last 7 became more and more blended as I moved through the paint.
All of these had a figurative element.

When I set off on these, I  had imagined that I could see one line of work all round a gallery wall.
Now, maybe I see that there could be interruptions to that line, to allow the viewer's eye to pause, have a break and see perhaps pieces of 2 pr 3 paintings to be seen as pieces in their own right.Try it.

Amazing through that I am nearly at the end of the 11 th month of the Daily paintings. I have, in the main, loved it, but am also ready for the next project, whatever that will be. Well, I think that I will continue to produce a Daily work but smaller, maybe explore starting an etsy shop and concentrate on trying to sell more work.I have said I will exhibit as an invited guest artist at our local Woodend studios. I had a studio there for many years when it was less well known . Chris Cyprus is one of the main artist's there and he has gone from strength to strength, now selling his art all over the world.


Chris Cyprus allotment work.


Below is one of Chris Cyprus pieces I love.




This is the reworked piece from yesterday. No way are these half hour paintings now. I am returning again and again, reworking them and then reworking the one before too.

Below is Daily painting 22/2/15 ( I think ) I left it last night.... It is hard to paint without sufficient light and I thought I would add some lights and darks today because , I thought,  it was bland maybe. But I like it today. Ok , sign it off but be aware I might not like it next week. Still finding it impossible to do a abstract, some kind of figurative element is creeping in............greys georgeous....... It doesn't go with the one before.... Ok.......do an individual one ...........



Below is Daily painting 23/2/15 ( I think ) it is about greens along with a lot of other things

Two more Daily paintings........I liked working on the dark background. Maybe have to return to these two.......unsure.


Shades of Richard Whadcock...... Must try in oils before I am out of these landscape shaped pieces. Got masses of new oil paints yesterday..... It's much harder to blend in acrylics , she says, acrylics are almost flatter than oils..... But you have got to wait until the oils is dry before working on top ....... Develop patience and work on 10 at a time  !


They still feel like they have a figurative content..... Work on it.......  Continue too work in greys......love it !


Tried to see what one would look like in a frame ...... Ok actually.
Research other artists; Research ......
Distilled landscapes
Stillness
Subdued colours
Grey landscapes
Grey browns
Small landscapes
Yum........love the research too....



1 comment:

  1. I looked at your paintings, and I can honestly say that you have great talent and a creative mind. I personally like your approach. Your brush strokes and choice of paint colors bring the paintings to life in an almost surreal way. Somehow, the gloominess is almost palpable, it’s like you can almost touch it. Keep on creating amazing art, Tonie! All the best to you!

    Clint Shaff @ Franchise Match

    ReplyDelete