Saturday 7 February 2015

Still on tones

Saturday. Thought I would try and work on a display where the paintings/ drawings are butted up to each other, to give a feeling of one large painting to give a feeling of horizon . Perhaps the individual paintings may be changed around. No idea if that will work but majorly worth a try. Try oil and pencil ? Maybe......

Anyway when I sit in the studio, I am back to graphite ...... With a little bit of watercolour ........
Love it !

I am so much in acrylic these days, I forget about my first love watercolours ha ha. It's so responsive, has a mind of it's own and unpredictable. Everything I love !

Well this was nothing planned but there is still something still to be divulged in these drawings/ paintings in the middle of a larger piece of paper. I never do this, he ho, never say never.when I painted this, it moved me emotionally. I am humbled by the landscape.

I like ;
The space
The size
The gentleness
The tones/ lack of colour, quite a complete contrast to some of the very colourful Dailies.
The series

It is so different than just putting one of my small square 12 cm work, with hard edges. Interesting, well to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment