Tuesday 27 January 2015

Richard Whadcock

Looking at Richard Whadcock. He is a British painter with a studio in Brighton.

Tone, tone, tone. Lovely gradation of tone.










What do I think ?
Serious

Georgeous
Paints in oils, takes a lot of time and layers
Tonal gradations are wondrous
Stillness captured
Very masculine
Very plain and important

Completely tunes into his work

Distilled



Mmmmmmmmm food for thought. Just try a few small ones to explore tonal gradations in my own work.
These are 8 of the greyscale Daily paintings displayed together.



These are this mornings effort, small around 14 cm sq pieces.......nothing like Richard Whadcock ......well that's good really. Remind me slightly of Tania Rutland. Revisit her..........


This was the latest where I introduced green . Works too. Making the first layer in a very dark brown acrylic and then introduce the green. No graphite. Try on the bigger boards. But the thought of all the priming. Get over yourself ......



Art group coming to my studio tomorrow to critique my Dailies. Had a major tidy up, which was 
long overdue and just having a review of the Dailies from my point of view.

When I started theses Daily paintings in April 2014, I wanted to;
Move my painting on
Create a new body of work
I increase my online presence 
Ultimately increase my income from my art


Now, 10 months on , I have;
Massively enjoyed it, although flagging at the moment
Learnt so much about the paint and paint application

Meandered my way through lots of different approaches to my work, the constant being the size, ie
52 cm sq
Mainly mastered the cataloging and storing of the work, with a few blips
Massively increased my online presence with 3,500 followers on Pinterest
Enjoyed the blog which has been my online record of the project

So, what next.........mmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment