Saturday 24 January 2015

Facebook art challenge

Ok so still the muse escapes me and the Dailies require a superhuman effort to complete. How strange when I have enjoyed them sooo much over this year. Trying today to catch up ..... Have half painted disasters all over the studio..... well maybe exaggerating a little !

An artist I know had nominated me for the Facebook art challenge, which I started yesterday. The challengs is to post three pieces of work a day, for five days. I hadn't understood though that they didn't need to be done on that day , so I was trying to make new work.

Anyway , I decided to deconstruct a piece made from hundreds of video cassettes made a lot of years ago. I called it , ' a big motherboard, ' looking at circuit boards. I cut up old photos of my paintings and old paintings too and had an exhibition at a Gallery a Oldham with my Art group, ' Saving 1,000 videos from landfill. Deconstructing the piece prompted me to remember, mainly the making of the pieces.



So, I made small pieces from pieces of the motherboard. They made me smile and I may use them for cards on this Etsy shop I always intend opening. 

This was the display of graphite or greyscale paintings put up in Emmaus. I still feel these pieces


have a lot more to give yet so back to greyscales.










Two more very obscure Daily paintings ........ Interesting .......well to me anyway.







Three small pieces on card. I started with graphite only but then went into acrylic paint. I used the etching tools to slightly scrape into the card. Mmmmmm.... Keep going......


Sunday now

Returned to the Facebook challengs and completed three small images, instants, of the woods. 

Continued to blue tack them up on a wall. Liked them like this. They remind me of black and white photos from a distance. I have worked with the graphite and acrylic over old watercolours which have some colour in and I liked that too.




Really hard to paint in graphite and acrylic on primed board. The primer was completely dry but still rubbed off and mixed into the graphite and acrylic. Ugh ! There are some colours that don't mix with white ie black and graphite.

You see, if I put white acrylic over the primer, the graphite won't be fixed arghhhhh ! Have a think.



This was the Daily painting today . Hard. He ho........get over yourself ....

Monday now..........

Two more Dailies finished ( too much drying time ) 


More obscure .......... Not sure ...........keep going ..............



No comments:

Post a Comment