Monday 8 December 2014

Still supposed to be doing poured paintings

Although I am supposed to be still looking at poured paintings, I have drifted of into , 'blend world.' This one was painted on a black gesso board and that often makes for a more serious painting.Try to paint the same image on a white background and then on a black one.
It feels cold and a little bit too serious.As a reaction to this one, I just put colour down. My favourite of the moment is a mix of burnt umber and white. Georgeous.

There's some mixed greys and a grey white too.

Well where did this come from ? Don't ask me , I am only an artist.

Went back into the big one. Liked it much better, even though I had signed it off. He ho.

WHAT IS A PAINTING ?
When is a painting not a painting ? When I say so !

What I mean is ..... When I started the Daily paintings in April, they seemed to have to have a few days, ' cooking time, 'before I bestowed the title of, ' painting,' on them. That meant that I couldn't record and publish them either because after a few days , some of them would be classed as rejects or , ' non- paintings,' and painted back over.

Over the months I have got quicker at accepting the work as a , ' painting, ' so that I can do it instantly now. But the flip side of that is that I can also take the title away and I certainly feel that some of the work published now doesn't deserve the title of , ' painting, ' and needs re painting. Interesting ! Well it is to me.
Maybe at the end of my Daily painting year, I will revise and review the 365 paintings and paint over the ones I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment