Saturday 6 December 2014

Large one for Turner

So this painting is on an old blackboard I had. I had promised myself to find the time to do a large one for me that was a nod to Turner. I found it really tough ( well tough is relative to the act of making the Daily paintings which are , on the whole, pure pleasure.) anyway ,the first layers were just colour, nothing planned only to cover the board in colour.

Ughhh!
Anyway, because I loved the Daily painting below, I thought I would try a larger version of that one. I loved the colours, the serenity, the whole thing really.
This was the finished ( maybe only for the moment) one. Size 130x89 cm. I so enjoyed the process of doing the big one but it's taken a few days. The photo is very poor because, even at midday , the light has gone. The winter light is really disturbing the painting process , so needs to be addressed before next winter.
Doesn't look much when it's published on the blog. It's interesting really that some of them look better published, some don't look as good.



No comments:

Post a Comment