Thursday 4 December 2014

Daily paintings influenced by Maurice Sapiro.

So, for the Art Group yesterday, we looked at the woodland sketches of Maurice Sapiro. Georgeous. I worked on 2 sketches , both of which I didn't like - but continued with the next 2 Daily paintings influenced by Maurice Sapiro. I don't really like pouring much of the paint. Even when I pour it , I still work back into it. Kind of defeats the point.But maintain the path of doing 8 in response to Maurice Sapiro.

2 woodland sketches for the Art group.Ughhh.
Daily painting 4/12/14 - loving the muted colours.this one reminds me of the work of Lisa Breselow.Research her.

Omg.I love this one TODAY.So poignant ,so moving. Try a big one.Feel much happier manipulating the poured paint and still liking the results. The one that makes the difference is the household satin paint. It's lovely.Love the colours .
The Art group's paintings were lovely. Try and remember to take a photo .I gave them a choice of looking at poured paintings or figures and someone suggested poured figures. Well that 's new.

No comments:

Post a Comment