Thursday 21 August 2014

Upcycled designs


Upcycling - I work a few hours at Emmaus Mossley running a group of volunteers to make upcycled furniture and crafts to sell in the showroom. Emmaus is a community for previous homeless people who live and work there, recycling donated furniture and bric a brac.

Often donated fabric is seconds or has flaws. When I made the cushion and put in the cushion pad, I noticed a flaw so put a pocket over it. I say to my groups to make a design feature out of your own mistakes/ flaws. What else could I have done ? Put a patch on or another stipe or tuned it around and made the back , the front.

The second  upcycled design is an I pad case. I will put a strap on it from an old handbag as I like to keep my ipad with me at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment