Monday 11 August 2014

Sketchbook

So, I plateaued a bit again with the Daily Paintings.Why am I doing them ? Went back again to remind myself why , ie, to move my landscape work on , to create a new body of work , to increase my online presence, to ultimately make some more money from my art.

As an Artist, rejection needs to be your middle name, but I got a rejection from Gallery Oldham, where I had applied months ago for a show with the Daily paintings and my Art group.It made me mad because we have been working towards that show for about 8 months. Ok, I think, they have to judge on what applications they have received so if there is few painting exhibitions / groups applied then we are just another one. But I look at it this way. I have given a massive undertaking to my Art by doing my Daily a Paintings, I have steered my Art group for months in this direction. They should support an artist that has given that undertaking.Anyway, I complained but realistically I don't want to complain my way to a show !

My home town is accepted to be a poor town. I live on the outskirts of that town, in the hills, it's beautiful.Our gallery, Gallery Oldham, is wonderful. It's a contemporary building, lots of concrete and glass, but also is attached to the old, quite traditional building. In that gallery, I like the Community Gallery best because it shows more of the art I like. It often shows students or young in career artists. Sometimes in the bigger Galleries, the work shown is a bit too developed and polished for my taste.

Where I live in the Saddleworth villages, there is lots of traditional art. Too much traditional art .Make way for some new stuff - mine, of course.i mean in terms of Art, mine isn't exactly what you call cutting edge - is it ?

Anyway, I got over my plateaux by starting a sketchbook/ journal to ground the project. Felt better, that 's the main thing. Have to have a show somewhere else.


He ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment