Friday 29 August 2014

Daily paintings more faces

Display of the last four Daily Painting - faces.Keep going. Contemporary Art , for me, has to have an about ness, some kind of concept or idea behind it. These faces have none of that - I don't know yet what they are about. Which comes first - the concept or the paint ? Well , it could be either. In this case it is the paint.After the first four , I made a concious decision not to use the beads and material but to stay in the paint. I didn't want the extra problems with the storage, nor for them to feel in any way mixed media pieces, of which I see a lot of.

The second four seemed to feel a little more fragile, hesitant but more about what I felt was right, whatever that is. I can still see the flaws but I can see already , a progression, an improvement. Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment