Thursday 21 August 2014

Daily faces

Right, so , as I have said, when I started the Daily painting project in April, it was massive. It took up a lot of time to actually get started and get things organised. Since then, I have put systems in place and essentially, it is now a pleasurable half hour a day. So, consequently, I have undertaken daily sketces and daily cards now too.

So , I thought I would apply the same principle to painting faces/ figures. Off we go then - these faces have been made with oil pastels and the lines melted with liquid medium. I enjoyed them . We will see.i might just be pushing it to do faces as well.Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

One of the reasons why I wanted to do the Daily paintings was to move on my landscape paintings. So, 5 months on, can I see a progression ? Well, I can definitely see more skill in paint handling, even though I might like some of the earlier ones just as much. Keep going then!

No comments:

Post a Comment