Saturday 23 August 2014

Daily faces

Right so I am trying to apply the same principles as I applied to my landscape painting to my faces/ figures, ie, in want to move along my faces and figures and make a new body of work.

So, I have painted about 5 or 6 small faces , no larger than 8 inches square.What am I trying to do - well I don't know yet ,just let it happen. Which comes first, the idea or the art. In this case, definitely the art. Try a bigger painting.

Tried 2 paintings and let them speak to me. The first one seemed to want some jewellry on . So I did put some on. This is 52 cm sq, oil and mainly oil pastel melted with liquin medium.I liked it and the smell wasn't bad ( I don't paint with oils mainly because my husband is asthmatic and the smell isn't good for his chest )

Maybe I will do all the Daily paintings this week as faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment