Sunday 27 August 2017

New work from old work (3)

So this week has been completely taken up by working on two larger collaged pieces. They take up so much time, effort and energy....hope I feel that in time, they are worth it. They are so opposite to my natural working process which is intuitive and instinctive. These need thought and application, layering ( with pva and acrylic mat medium ) and acrylic paint. I have slightly been looking at to he working process of Jeane Myers , who also layers although mainly paint and wax. Need more research into texture using paper. It seems important to I me that the texture comes from paper, rather than plaster or texture medium. Will see how that evolves.

This was the first one, maybe still not wholly resolved. I love the layers and textures though and I like that the display in the chimney breast incorporates a large one ( 33 inches sq.) and the small ones ( 15 cm sq. )

Textures in the larger one. There's about 5 layers of paintings. I like that. I like the crunchiness of the edges.



No comments:

Post a Comment